Tuesday, November 01, 2005


Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Time: 3:44 AM

It's early morning, and we just finished about 24 hours of flying and layovers. Mike and Laura and I have wandered around Dubai here for a few hours chatting with Mohammed our Taxi driver from India. He was an awesome fellow, and took us on a night time tour of Dubai, stopping to wonder at the 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel, pictured above.

The trip hit a kink in New York, as friends Disa Allen and Eric Chapman failed to show up at the flight. We decided to head on over hoping they would call or email, but at this point we haven't heard anything, and are in a foreign country with very little resources. And we are hoping and praying they will get on that next flight to Dubai this afternoon.

This afternoon we should be landing in Entebbe Uganda and will try to reassemble the team.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I'm glad you all have made it that far. Let me know if I can do anything from here to help you connect with Disa and Eric!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Thanks for the update, guys! Welcome to the Arabian Peninsula! Beautiful picture of that hotel... it reminds me of a big leaf or sword:) We'll be praying Robbie and Disa get connected with you soon. Yeah, let me know, too, if I can reach them/help out any way.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,

I am Disa's friend, Karen, in Sacramento. She left her cell phone at my house for her sister to pick it up at a later date; therefore, you will not be able to get ahold of her via her cell. I wish there was something I could do to get in contact with her. I just called her sister and she was unaware of the situation. I surmise that she hadn't gotten ahold of her folks to let them know of the missed flight, etc., or her sister would have known. So sorry to burden your blog with this info... I was uncertain how I should get in touch with you by any other means.

I hope you are all reunited soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Karen ("Mom-in-Law"

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home