Friday, October 21, 2005


This morning team member Disa Allen made it into Portland for the weekend. We'll be getting together to pack, go over some final details, and have a team dinner tomorrow evening. Joining us will be Emmanuel Kayinamura, a Rwandan Tutsi living in Portland. We'll be visiting his projects in Rwanda during the second week of December.

The past week has been busy with meetings with the Sudanese church and Imago Dei's Global Outreach and Partnership prayer meeting. You can see the pictures on the right here.

We have just over one week left before we leave. Mike and Disa are running around this morning doing some purchases, and memorizing some Swahili words in the meantime!

I received an email this morning from one of the former sex workers in Kenya. She has had a rough couple of weeks - her mother just died of breast cancer, the doctors won't release the body until she pays an exorbitant fee, and she's been extremely depressed. She would appreciate your prayers today. I hope to see her in a couple of weeks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

I know you are crazy busy with all of your preparations right now but I just wanted to say that all of you are in my prayers throughout the whole time you are there. When do you come back to the states?

Also, a post you made a few days ago about why you are going to africa really hit home for me. I have always wanted to in some way give back to those in the inner-city because that is where I grew up. I too feel like I was given the opportunity to leave when all of my friends were there for the rest of their life. And most without saving knowledge of Christ. It was great to hear someone with the same thoughts I thought I only delt with. (But of course your story is cooler because you are from Africa! {wink})

~nikki

9:31 PM  
Blogger Dan Holcomb - Lahash said...

Nikki!

Thanks so much for the prayers. We have felt amazing unity so far, and the plans are coming together so well. I really can't believe it. We return to the states right before Christmas - December 20th.

That's cool that the comments about Africa were similar to the inner city thoughts from your background. We all come from such different backgrounds and we all have these wonderful parts to play in bringing God's love to those specific places. Speaking of Africa - when are you headed back?

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! I would leave tomorrow if I could. I really love everything about Africa: people, land, animals, music... I drive my family/friends crazy always speaking what little Xhosa I learned to try to keep it in my head. Who knows if God has me going back, I can only pray. But I am so excited for you guys!

~nikki

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home