Saturday, April 03, 2010

It was a Month worth for!


Its lunch time and everyone is out for lunch i look my way to get something to eat and fortunately my mama has prepared Ugali (stiffed porridge),cabbage and fried fish.I sit down and relax as i get to enjoy my lunch.

Alot of questions ponders in my mind and i ask my self some questions which for sure i was to reply to by my self i get to enjoy the lunch but many people in some parts especially here in Africa are languishing and dying due to hunger.

In Dodoma,Tanzania i have come to meet face to face with hunger and how people are trying to make end meet-This is why a lot of people are infected with HIV/aids and it is all about "selling their bodies to get to put food on their tables"

I just want to salute each one of you who came up with this unique and extra ordinary idea of rice and beans month for going that extra mile using their time,materials and burning their mid-night oil to ensure that the month was a success.

I am going through a book titled THE SHARK and it has encouraged me so much on how what ordinary people will term as "small thing or idea" how it can be used to change someones life and reach out and touch many lives of children around East Africa.

The book talks of ...."Two roads diverged in the middle of my life, i heard a wise man say i took the road less traveled by And that's made the difference every night and every day"-The rice and beans month could be one of the last option a person can use yet it has reached out,touched and changed a child's life.What each one of you did will make a difference every night and every day of that child since he/she could get to enjoy food and be happy once more!

This is and should be an encouragement to you and me that we can change the world around us by what people can term as vague or small ideas.I am quite sure this cause will reach out to many people and impact the world with the love of Christ Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home