Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jose Nunez Arrives in Sudan

* The following are excerpts from Lahash traveler Jose Nunez on his recent 3 weeks in Southern Sudan. To email Jose click here: Jose
"Greetings from Africa."

"I arrived at St. Bartholomew Orphanage in Kajo Keji Sudan Wednesday the 21st at around midnight. Upon Arrival I could hear the chorus of voices singing from a distance with a thick and sweet African pronunciation that sang 'We welcome you to the Sudan we are happy for the occasion'."
"These kids, who in such a short amount of time have won my heart have an incredible joy in their soul. My heart was shaken by their happiness which is driven by a genuine innocence that is constantly revealed through everything they do, from their dancing to their laughter to their servitude throughout the entire orphanage. After the celebration of our entrance we all began preparations for the inaugural ceremony of the two new permanent buildings that will be housing these children. The ceremony was remarkable, many who are part of the community joined us in our celebration and the Browns' family was honorably recognized for their support to make this vision given by God come true."

"Currently, I am serving full time in the babies' nursery, here there is a challenge regarding the staff. There are only five of us and we have to take care of eleven children between the ages of two and eight, plus an additional seven newborns."


"Even though we are working very hard when it comes to providing for these kids, we are often overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done on the daily basis. From manually pumping water out of a borehole to taking children to the local hospital hut for the provision of generic medicines that are often prescribed for all conditions. As of now, we’re in the search for more workers who will be willing to love on these dear orphans, but as we search only few are qualified to commit to such task. Please keep us in your prayers as we encounter these challenges that require much work and patience."


"I have visited many cities between Uganda and Sudan and have experienced the conditions in which these people live. They not only have to manage with very little, but also they are in constant health related dangers and live with only the bare necessities to protect modesty and dignity. As I live these experiences I often ask myself, how far we can deviate from the path our maker first intended us to be in?"

"As the Lord profoundly stirs these feelings within my being. I humbly request that I become part of your prayers. Pray that even though the circumstances can become rapidly suffocating, I can find the breath of life in Him who has already paid the ultimate price, My Prince of Peace."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home