Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Story of Hope:
Josphine is one of the ladies in the Renew Program. Several of you have been supporting these 5 Kenyan women who used to be involved in the sex industry, and have taken a new course in life due to the counseling and support of Dr. Oronje and Nick, and gifts through Lahash. These ladies were all making several dollars per night for prostitution. We met several of them late last year, and they asked for help in changing their ways. Lahash and the Silas Christian Foundation created a program where these women would be counseled and encouraged by friends here in the United States, and would receive a small amount of assistance for rent and food. Josphine just sent this email to Nick:

My dear friends.
It's with pleasure that I send you this email. First of all may the name of the Almighty God be lifted high because he as brought me from the street to whom I am now. My brothers, thanks for the help especially during times of need. Really you were my brothers - and no one was ready like the way the two of you were to me. I have shelter and food and clothes by your help and the friends in America. That's why I said before I go I have to inform you and I want to assure you and the rest of Lahash that we are together during times of prayer. My brothers, I did an interview to get a job in Sudan and by surprise I just got the results yesterday that I am needed to go to Juba (Southern Sudan) and work in teaching people how to plant food .


I will try all my best to see that I also help others who are needy like me. I will be sending the little I earn as a thanksgiving to God coz I was once like the other poor but God has opened the way for me. I really don't know what to say because my life was once useless but you people and Lahash have changed it. I will live to remember you guys.
I was so grateful to see what the men of God are doing and I beg you to assist my friend Sarah to replace me in Renew Programme. thanks Josy
Please read Romans 10:14-16

Thanks to all of you for your impact on Josphine's life! Thanks for joining with us in believing that God can take each of us where we are, and turn our lives around to be beautiful. Please continue to pray for Josphine and the others as they press on with their new life.

The photo below is of CarrieAnne and Dr. Oronje taking little Lucy to the hospital in Kijabe Kenya where she received new crutches.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

This is such an amazing story of hope Dan.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Aaron Stewart said...

Color me inspired.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home